$50 Visa Gift Card Rules
STANDARD-EXAMINER $50 VISA GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY
Winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about April 30, 2016.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the Standard-Examiner $50 Visa Gift Card Giveaway (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to Utah residents who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of the Standard-Examiner (“Sponsor”) and its respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win.
- How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 2pm., M.D.T. on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 and end at 5:30pm M.D.T. on Wednesday, April 27, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Only one entry per household. To be eligible, all entries must be received before 5:30pm on Wednesday, April 27, 2016.
- In-Person Entry: Enter in person by visiting the Standard-Examiner booth at the Davis Chamber of Commerce Business to Business Expo at the Davis Conference Center during expo hours, completing an official Entry form, and depositing it in the designated entry box.
Maximum of one (1) entry per household. Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, or illegible entries. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
- Winner Selection. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received to be held on or about April 30, 2016.
- Prizes and Odds. One (1) winner will receive a Visa Gift Card valued at $50.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winners will be notified on or about April 30, 2016 at the telephone number and/or email address provided by the winner. Sponsor will attempt to contact winner during regular business hours at number and email address provided. No telephone messages will be left. Failure to reach winner by phone after three (3) telephone and three (3) email attempts may result in disqualification of winner, forfeiture of his or her interest in all prizes, and selection of a substitute winner from among all remaining eligible entries. To claim prize, the winner must make arrangements to pick up the prize at the Standard-Examiner office located at 332 Standard Way Ogden, UT 84404. The prize must be retrieved by the winner no later than five (5) business days after notification. Valid photo identification will be required. Winners may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability, and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winners are solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name and bibliography in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation without further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
- Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Entrants agree to receive occasional emails from the Standard-Examiner and its subsidiaries. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date.
- Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
- Sponsors. The Standard-Examiner $50 Visa Gift Card Giveaway is sponsored by the Standard-Examiner. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after April 30, 2016), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “$50 Visa Gift Card Giveaway, c/o Standard-Examiner 332 Standard Way Ogden, UT 84404. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact the Standard-Examiner at 801-625-4400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.