Home and Garden Giveaway Official Rules
Home and Garden Backyard Giveaway
Feb. 1, 2015 – March 15, 2015
1. Eligibility: Contest is open to all legal residents of Utah, eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of Promotion Feb 1, 2015 – March 15, 2015, except as noted below. No purchase necessary to enter or win. Employees of Ogden Publishing Corporation, (Standard Examiner), any entity connected with the sponsorship or management of the contest, as well as members of the same household of any Standard Examiner employee, are ineligible to participate. Must be a homeowner.
2. How to Play: There are three ways to enter to win. 1). Complete entry form online at events.standard.net 2). Complete entry form at backyard giveaway display at Newgate Mall 3). Complete entry form at the Home and Garden Show on March 13 – 15, 2015.
3. Winner Selection & Contest Deadline: PROMOTION begins February 1, 2015 and ends March 15, 2015 at midnight MST. All entries eligible for the contest will have an equal chance at winning the Backyard Giveaway promotion. Only one winner per household is eligible to win. The decisions of Standard Examiner are final and binding in all matters related to contest. The Standard Examiner may elect to restrict or extend promotion dates and/or any other provisions of the contest without notice.
4. Prizes: Prize available to win is one Backyard Giveaway which includes 1 – 12 x 12 backyard pergola provided by Cool Covers and 1 – custom rock fire pit provided by Andrescapes. Standard installation is included and installation costs may vary. Core drilling, footings, crane services, landscape or fence repair not included in installation. Delivery charges may apply. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable, nor can it be exchanged for cash. Winner may be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and may receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc.
5. Winner Notification & Prize Claim: Prize will be awarded on or about March 23, 2015 during Standard Examiner business hours. Standard Examiner and sponsors cannot be held liable for any technical, hardware, software or other transmission failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or incomplete, distorted or delayed computer transmissions, incomplete or late newspaper delivery, act of God, inability to print or deliver the Standard Examiner, regardless of cause. Winner within 10 business days must claim prize in person from the Standard Examiner’s location at 332 Standard Way, Ogden, Utah 84404. Photo ID and proof of household residence is required for prize claim verification. Failure of the prize recipient/winner to notify and collect his/her prize within time parameters will be deemed as forfeiture. In the event of forfeiture, the original recipient/winner acknowledges no claim, right or authority to transfer prize in any way. The number of eligible winners has been set by the Standard Examiner. The Standard Examiner has the final decision and right to include or exclude rules at any time during the promotion including termination of the promotion.
6. Conditions: Non-compliance by winner of official rules and guidelines will result in disqualification of the winner and an alternate winner may be selected.
7. Release: Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for Standard Examiner to use winner’s name, photograph, address (city and state only) and testimonials in printed or other media, whether now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, in any manner it deems appropriate in connection with promoting this or any other contest and/or promotion sponsored by it, without further compensation to the winner. By entering contest, participant agrees to a voluntary opt in to any and all Standard Examiner complementary products and promotions. Ability to opt out is available by contacting customer service in person at the Standard Examiner 332 Standard Way Ogden, UT 84403, during business hours or by calling 801-625-4400 on said products and promotions.
8. Privacy: The Standard Examiner, TheNewsStartsHere.net and Standard.net are committed to respecting the privacy of our readers, standard.net users, and contest participants. Any personal information provided to the Standard Examiner is used only for purposes necessary to provide the Standard Examiner and affiliates products and services.